Agriculture and Food Analytical Chemistry
SGS’s chemical analysis services ensure product safety and regulatory compliance by testing for potentially harmful residues relating to pesticides, biocides, fertilizers and drugs for humans and animals.
Our laboratories around the world are continuously updating their equipment, techniques and knowledge to optimize their methods of analysis across many different matrices. We conduct your residue projects for product development in accordance with the principles of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
Range of services
- Liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS), high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC, with ultraviolet – UV – or fluorescence detection), column switching procedure, post-column derivatization
- Gas chromatography/mass selective detector (GC/MSD) with several injection options (split/splitless, on column, large volume, headspace, kryo injection) and ionization options (electron ionization – EI, chemical ionization – CI), gas chromatography – electron capture detector (GC-ECD), gas chromatography – flame photometric detection (GC-FPD)
- Ion chromatography (IC), atomic absorption spectrometry (AAS), inductively coupled plasma (ICP) spectrometry
- Gel permeation chromatography (GPC), accelerated solvent extraction (ASE)
- Method development and validation
- Independent laboratory validation
- Determination of residues in all matrices (e.g. plants, processing products, soil, water, air, animal matrices, body fluids, commodity goods)
- Accompanying analytics, ecotoxicology
- Investigation of storage stability
- Determination of content
- 5-batch analyses
- Investigation of product equivalence
- Analysis of minor constituents and contaminants
Get in touch with SGS now to discover how our analytical chemistry services can help you comply with health and safety regulations.