The Fundamentals of Public Speaking
A 1-day course designed for the first-time public speakers or would-be public speakers within the context definition of public speaking.
May 22, 2019, 08:30
May 22, 2019, 17:30
A 1-day course designed for the first-time public speakers or would-be public speakers within the context definition of public speaking as: any form of verbal communications, whether in front of small or large audiences, during meetings and presentations, for company or corporate events, networking, and other activities in which to use effective communications.
Methodology include lectures, individual/group activities, tips and advice, discussion, training day submissions, post-course assessment.
I. Module 1
- The Power of the Spoken Word and You
II. Module 2
- Shun Inappropriate Habits
- Turn Your Weaknesses into Strengths
III. Module 3
- Your Personality
- Rising to the Occasion
Pre-Work Assignment to be submitted/delivered during the training day; mandatory training day submissions.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the key elements in effective communications through public speaking
- Adopt the proper attitude for professional verbal communications and its proper application with a focus on presentation and discussion in line with customer service and relations
- Develop an attitude for self-improvement as a public speaker
- Become aware of the proper management of communications in the workplace and even outside the workplace
Designed as a beginner's module to understand the essential elements in starting a public speaking experience, whether in a business setting, an event, or presentation, this course may be made available to all individuals, regardless of responsibility level in their organization.