Practical Approach to Effective Business Writing
A 3-day course that provides the application of key principles behind business writing and communications within the framework of customer relations through the practical application of writing fundamentals for continuous improvement.
Jun 05, 2019, 08:30
Jun 07, 2019, 17:30
The course is designed as a refresher or knowledge and skills upgrade (through writing exercises) for the frontliners of an organization or business - those with the task or responsibility for client interaction through written communication.
Lectures, individual/group activities, tips and advice, discussion, training day submissions with immediate feedback, post-course assessment.
- Module 1
- The Power of the Word and You
- Module 2
- The English Language Decoded
- The Customer is Always Right?
- Module 3
- Reality Checks
- Your Personality
- Module 4
- Writing to Clarify
- Observing the World Around You
- Module 5
- Writing Today and Tomorrow
- What to Avoid and What to Adopt in Written Business Communications
- Module 6
- How to Rise to the Occasion
- The Four Pillars
- Course Assessment
Pre-Work Assignment to be submitted/delivered during the training day; mandatory training day submissions.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the key elements in effective written communications through the current channels and tools used in today's business
- Adopt the proper attitude for professional communications and its proper application in line with the principles of customer service and relations
- Develop an attitude for self-improvement
- Become aware of the proper management of communications in the workplace and even outside the workplace
- SGS shall provide only generic information and advice which are freely available in public domain
- SGS will not provide company specific advice towards the development and implementation of the management systems for eventual certification, which contravenes the requirements of the IAF Guidance (i.e. provision of consultancy services)