FSSC 22000 V5 Food Safety System Certification Introduction Training Course
This course is designed ideally for experienced food safety professionals with an understanding of the management systems approach to food safety.
Aug 07, 2019, 08:30
Aug 07, 2019, 17:30
Mirasol C. Mohal
Food Sector Manager
Mirasol is an auditor of SGS Philippines, Inc., conducting assessment of Management Systems of client companies in the food sector subscribing to Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP. She also conducts training on safety management systems as Good Manufacturing Practices, Pre-requisite Programs, HACCP and FSMS to clients involved in the manufacture of food, food preparation and food services.
She has specialized skills on systems auditing and supply chain quality and food safety management.
The objective of this course is to provide learners with this up-to-date knowledge of the FSSC 22000 Scheme through: introduce the FSSC 22000 Global Certification Scheme for Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS); describe the history of the FSSC 22000 Certification Scheme; explain the updates to the scheme from Version 4.1 to Version 5, Additional Requirements of FSSC 22000 Global Certification Scheme; understand and review in more detail on some of the Specific Additional Requirements – Food Fraud and Food Defence.
The course is designed ideally for experienced food safety professionals with an understanding of the management systems approach to food safety.
Prior to attending this training course, learners should have, but it is not essential, sufficient knowledge of the following food safety management principles and concepts to ensure that this training is as beneficial as possible:
- Knowledge of the following food safety management principles and concepts is recommended:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as FSSC 22000, BRC and/or other schemes which include management system components;
- Knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1;
- Good Practice Guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates;
- the principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 / FSSC 22000 and FSSC 22000 Additional Requirements.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the updated additional requirements set by the FSSC 22000 Scheme;
- Highlight the differences between Version 4.1 and Version 5 and equip the learners with sufficient knowledge to make the necessary changes to their FSMS.
Learners will need to demonstrate acceptable performance in these areas to complete the course successfully.