ISO/FSSC 22000 – Food Safety Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course
The ISO 22000 lead auditor training in SGS teaches you the skills required to audit food safety management systems (FSMS). On this training course you will learn to assess the design, implementation and improvement of a FSMS against the requirements of ISO 22000.
Sep 23, 2019, 08:30
Sep 27, 2019, 17:30
Mirasol C. Mohal
Food Sector Manager
Mirasol is an auditor of SGS Philippines, Inc., conducting assessment of Management Systems of client companies in the food sector subscribing to Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP. She also conducts training on safety management systems as Good Manufacturing Practices, Pre-requisite Programs, HACCP and FSMS to clients involved in the manufacture of food, food preparation and food services.
She has specialized skills on systems auditing and supply chain quality and food safety management.
This course is certificated by the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) and International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA); Course Certification Number, 2046 – PR 360.
Learners who successfully complete this FSSC 22000 V4.1 ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course will satisfy part of the formal training requirements for initial certification as an CQI / IRCA Certificated FSMS lead auditor.
CQI / IRCA COURSE CRITERIA – OBJECTIVES
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of a FSMS, FSMS standards, management system audit and third-party certification;
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a FSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 22003 including ISO 17021 as applicable);
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of FSMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 22000 / FSSC 22000 or acceptable equivalent and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 22003 including ISO 17021 as applicable).
Learners will need to demonstrate acceptable performance in all these areas to complete the course successfully.
- Knowledge of the following food safety management principles and concepts:
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle;
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement;
- Food safety management:
- Knowledge of the principles of FSM including prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO / TS 22002 (all parts) and HACCP
- The relationship between FSM and the provision of food safe products to prevent or minimise adverse effects on human health and the proactive improvement of food safety performance
- Awareness of common examples of relevant national and local FSMS legislation and requirements.
- Knowledge of the requirements of FSSC 22000 or acceptable equivalent, and the commonly used FSM terms and definitions, as given in ISO 22000, which may be gained by completing a CQI / IRCA certified ISO 22000:2018 (FSMS) training course or equivalent.
This five day course provides an opportunity for food safety management professionals to update their skills in interactive and supportive surroundings.
Case study materials and role-play exercises are used to develop and practice skills in all phases of auditing. Participants are continually assessed and required to complete an end-of-course written examination.