ISO 50001 Energy Management Auditor Lead Auditor Training Course
This training is designed to give you the relevant skills and knowledge to carry out audits of, ISO 50001 energy management system (EnMS).
Nov 04, 2019, 07:30
Nov 08, 2019, 16:30
Prior Knowledge Requirements
This Course is not intended to be an implementer’s course, or one that will create an expert in energy management legislation, or one that will train to an acceptable level a participant with no prior knowledge of the Standard or of energy management. Therefore, prior to attending this training course, delegates are advised to have:
- knowledge of the requirements of ISO 50001 and,
- knowledge of the following energy management principles and concepts:
- the principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow;
- the relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards;
- the typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling;
- energy use data analysis methods;
- energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement;
- the impact of organisational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers.
We are accredited by the International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA) globally. This course is accredited by IRCA, reference number 17574 - PR 316.
Trusted ISO 50001 Lead Auditor training from a leading course provider
Our courses are delivered by tutors who are energy management system experts and experienced trainers. Your knowledge and skills will be developed through an interactive and practical approach to learning. Case study materials and role-play exercises are used to develop and practice skills in all phases of auditing. Participants are continually assessed and required to complete an end-of- course written examination.
Contact your local SGS office for full details of the courses available in your region.
What will you learn on our ISO 50001 lead auditor course?
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of ISO 50001 and the benefits to an organization of using the Standard
- Outline key concepts and approaches to an energy management system
- Describe, with reference to Plan – Do – Check – Act cycle, the structure, scope and purpose of ISO 50001
- Outline key ISO 50001 definitions and terminology
- Briefly summarise relevant energy management legislation
- Identify sources of law and sources of information on energy management legislation
- Describe the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment of risk and the significance of these in all energy management systems
- Outline and interpret the requirements of the ISO 50001 management systems specification in the context of an audit
- Effectively plan and conduct an audit of the management and operation of an organization in accordance with the requirements of relevant EnMS audit criteria
- Report the audit, including writing valid, factual and value-adding nonconformity reports
- Undertake audit follow-up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective and preventive action
Participants are expected to have a basic knowledge of energy management systems or ISO 50001 before attending.