Expansion of Bulk and Break-Bulk Program
The Bulk and Break-Bulk Cargo Clearance Enhancement Program (BBBCCEP) that was launched by the Philippine Bureau of Customs (BoC) in June 2010, is expanded to cover all containerized goods arriving at or destined for the Philippines. The BoC has advised that the effectivity of the expanded coverage has been moved to July 2014, with a provision of a 30-day transition period based on the BL date.
The expanded coverage includes planned exemptions. In general, these are:
- Air shipments;
- Containerized shipments included in the list of approved importable goods of Super Green Lane (SGL) members;
- Importation of personal effects and household goods of a balikbayan and his/ her family under R.A. No. 6768, as amended, Overseas Contract Workers and other returning residents;
- Importation of vehicles and motorcycles of balikbayan and returning residents;
- Consolidated shipments or Less Container Load (LCL) shipments with more than 1 consignee;
- Importations of container shipments covered by an import or admission permit and bound for Philippine Economic Zone Authority Zones (PEZA) and duly chartered or legislated freeports under Republic Act No. 9400 and such other freeports as established or created by law.
Kindly note that the appropriate regulations, particularly the Customs Administrative Order (CAO) and the Customs Memorandum Order (CMO), are still being finalized by the BoC and will be published as soon as this is officialized.
An Awareness Session covering the expansion to container shipments shall be organized. We will provide a more detailed schedule for this Awareness Session at the appropriate time. In the meantime, if you have queries or clarifications on the Awareness Session, please feel free to contact the following:
Rachel C. Solano
B&BB Operations Supervisor
t: +63 (2) 8480777 ext 8931
m: +63 (917) 8084016
f: +63 (2) 848-0823
Diana Joy Salcedo
t: +63 (2) 7849400 ext 804
m: +63 (917) 8053944
DUO +632 6238758
About Bulk and Break Bulk Cargo Clearance Enhancement Program
The Bulk and Break Bulk Cargo Clearance Enhancement Program is a government-mandated customs trade facilitation that allows Accredited Cargo Surveying Companies (ACSC), through their affiliates from exporting countries, to survey bulk and break-bulk cargo headed to the country. The ACSC’s provide reports that will be the basis for the Bureau of Customs to facilitate the movement and release of imported articles. The program is in accordance to the requirements of the Philippine government’s Administrative Order (AO) No. 243-A.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.