Across the internet, one can observe that 2016 is popularly perceived to be quite perplexing. Many cannot wait to see it end soon clinging on high hopes that the world will be better this coming 2017.
For us in SGS in the Philippines, however, we can say that it was a busy and productive year with our partners who are aligned with our mission that is to ensure that #ForEverySideOfLife, Filipinos are safe.
Here are some of our collective ‘wins’ for this year:
- Sumisetsu Philippines, Inc. (SPI) became first to gain ISO 9001:2015 certification in the country through the full support of its President, Mr. Takuro Suzuki. SPI is an electrical and mechanical contractor specializing in design, installation, and maintenance services.
- DENR became first ISO 14001:2015 certified public agency in the country. DENR Secretary Ramon J.P. Paje personally accepted the award. “This milestone is consistent with our mandate on sustainable development and environmental governance, and demonstrates the commitment of each employee of the DENR to be a role model in environmental management,” Paje said.
- The first construction forum was held in partnership with the Department of Energy Philippines and Solid Cement Corporation. Interested participants were able to learn for free! (Note: If you follow us on Facebook, you’d know that there are other free forums that you can attend.)
- Want to know how soon the color of your shirt/textile will fade? Yup, we can now test that too. We have successfully established testing fabrics for colorfastness in the country.
- The Manila Exposition Complex, Inc. and World Trade Center Management, Inc. became the first ISO 9001:2015 certified exhibition facility in the Philippines. According to WTC’s VP of Industrial Engineering & Corporate Planning, they are committed to be a “world-class company” that takes pride in their service and management across markets.
- Skyway O&M Corporation (SOMCO) successfully renews certification under the triple standards of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
As a company, we have also achieved milestones such as putting up our very first billboard found along the South Luzon Expressway, achieved the Gold Award under the Investors in People Generation Six Standard, and held a brand relaunch wherein our partners and friends from the industry and media gathered to know us more intimately.
Now that we are transitioning to the New Year, let us keep our positivity and learn from our challenges this year. Moreover, we, in SGS in the Philippines, will carry with us your trust and confidence in order to continuously provide you with high integrity and quality services.