SGS Continues as Bulk and Break-Bulk Accredited Surveyor in the Philippines
SGS remains as an accredited cargo surveying company (ACSC) for the bulk and break-bulk cargo clearance enhancement program (BBBCCEP) of the Philippine Bureau of Customs (BOC) servicing the needs of importers, exporters and brokers conducting business in the Philippines.
Appointed and re-appointed since the beginning of the program, SGS coordinates with its overseas affiliates for the inspection of goods at load ports in compliance with Customs Memorandum Order (CMO) 18-2010. The BBBCCEP is a government-mandated customs trade facilitation program established since June 2010 which covers all bulk and break-bulk goods destined for the Philippines, but includes the following exemptions:
- Air shipments
- Super Green Lane shipments
- Importation of personal effects and household goods of a balikbayan and his/her family under R.A. No. 6768, as amended, Overseas Contract Workers and other returning residents
- Importation of vehicles and motorcycles of balikbayan and returning residents
- Importations covered by an import or admission permit and bound for Philippine Economic Zone Authority Zones (PEZA) and duly chartered or legislated freeports under CMO 23-2015.
SGS inspects bulk and break bulk shipments and issues Load Port Survey Reports (LPSR) and Summary Reports (SR) on behalf of commercial clients shipping cargoes to the Philippines, with the surveys paid for by either the buyer or seller. SGS delivers end-to-end work, up to the preparation and submission of all required documents to the BOC and other applicable government agencies.
The BOC receives information in a secure electronic format directly from SGS within 12 hours prior to the arrival of the goods in the Philippines enabling the payment of duties and taxes in advance and facilitates movement and the release of imported articles. Further, SGS assists BOC as follows:
- Improve the assessment of bulk cargoes, paving the way for correct valuation of goods;
- Reduce the cycle time in the customs entry and release process;
- Prevent the theft of cargoes going to the Philippines;
- Increase revenue for the government.
SGS is a world leader in pre-shipment inspection and is pleased to leverage its global network to provide quality and timely service delivery. In the Philippines, SGS offers a range of capabilities to serve the local minerals sector, including coal testing, on-site geochemical analysis and a variety of commercial trade support services.
For more information please contact:
Diana Joy Salcedo
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.